Welcome On My Journey

Having spent a year fulfilling a childhood dream of building and registering a Kit Car I finally got it on the road in June 2010. I subsequently spent the next 6 months driving it. That took me to Christmas 2010 and I upgraded it to where it is today.

I don't want this blog to be about the technical aspects of upgrade'itus. I want it to be about the adventures I have in it, the good bits and the not so good bits. In short I want to remember it and share it. I'm sure no-one but me will care but if it inspires one person to act on their dream then it'll be worth it.

So welcome and thanks for stopping by.

Saturday 29 January 2011

This Year (2011)

So here we are at the end of January (where did that go) and already I've covered close to 1000 miles in the car since its winter upgrade. A lot of these miles have been to run the car in and a trip to Norfolk to get it Rolling Roaded and mapped. I have however had two club blats (more of that elsewhere) in th freezing cold (I secretly love it) which means two cooked breakfasts.

The rest of this year's adventures are coming together nicely and I will cover them in detail as they occur but to whet the appertite so far the car and club social diary looks like this:

1. France for the "5th rallye des jonquilles" in April
2. A trip to Ypes for the WW1 experience in June
3. "Up the East Down the West" UK road trip for 5 days in later April
4. Stoneleigh Kit Car Show in Later April
5. Detling Kit Car Show in May

This listing doesn't include the weekend breakfast blats and evening runs in the summer. So all in all my blatting diary is shaping up nicely.

I mentioned ealier about a club, well I am a member of the SKCC (Southern Kit Car Club) and they can be found at http://www.southerkitcars.com/ . I have to declare they are the reason I love my car so much. I have made some great friends in the club and we are all like minded and dedicated to driving our cars the way they were intended to be driven. I will no doubt refer to the club a lot on this blog.

So enough waffle for now, I will be back to describe progress on my adventures presently.

1 comment: