Welcome On My Journey

Having spent a year fulfilling a childhood dream of building and registering a Kit Car I finally got it on the road in June 2010. I subsequently spent the next 6 months driving it. That took me to Christmas 2010 and I upgraded it to where it is today.

I don't want this blog to be about the technical aspects of upgrade'itus. I want it to be about the adventures I have in it, the good bits and the not so good bits. In short I want to remember it and share it. I'm sure no-one but me will care but if it inspires one person to act on their dream then it'll be worth it.

So welcome and thanks for stopping by.

Sunday 30 January 2011

.......and the sun shone

I had to dip out of a club run this morning much to my frustration, especially when the day dawned dry and there was a significant chance of sunshune later on in the day. I finished my domestic duties by midday and decided I needed to clear my head with some fresh air, even if the emphasis was on fresh. No sooner had I pulled the car from the garage then the sun broke cover and all was well with the world. 

Where to go, Lap of the Lyddring, a hoon down to Rye and return via Military Road sounded favourite. So off I tootled through Ashford and out onto the Brenzett Road. Roads weren't to busy and with the sun shining I actually had the darkened lenses in the Shades.

Lyddring was outstanding and only a couple of cars to contend with and on the hoon into Rye I duly slowed to 30 on entering the port on the Camber side of the bridge to be greeted by Mr Plod with a hairdryer. He smiles as I burbbled by at 25mph. Have a nice day.

I love Rye as a location anyway but when its bathed in sun its a beautiful place. Had a quick chat with a couple of bikers at the chip shop carpark and then headed out of town via the Miltary Road. Can you sense the childish grin in my writing?! For those that don't know the Military Road then you need to discover it. For those that do know it, you know what I mean!

I got back onto the Brenzett Road at Appledor and started picking my way through the traffic back towards Ashford. Managed to get the Indy sideways as I dropped to third and toed it to get past a car that was dropping some liquid. Clearly the fuel of satan was coming out and covering my tyres as well as my glasses! Thanks for that! I gathered my thoughts and gave them the universal sign for "you are leaking fluid young man and need to investigate at your ealiest opportunity" and headed home.

Now I had a great afternoon and got home feeling slightly better about myself then realised I had missed a number of photo opportunities during the run! D'oh! This year SKCC (Southern Kit Car Club) are running a photo competition for us to get our cars photographed in a number of different locations corrosponding to all the letters of the alphabet.. I passed at least 4 opportunities today. Note to self, extract head from orifice and get clicking!

Oh well, just have to do it again another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment